Our Union Minister, Nitin Gadkari is firm on the idea of replacing the non -renewable fuels with renewable fuel such as Ethanol and Electricity. He said in one of his conference that if we as the people of India replace petrol with 60 % Ethanol and the remaining 40% with electricity, perhaps then the cost of petrol will come down to ₹15 /- litre .
Coming up to the most infamous question people have in their mind is ,
What is Ethanol ?
Answering this question- Ethanol is a colourless volatile flammable liquid which is produced by the natural fermentation of sugars. Ethanol is an important industrial chemical; it is used as a solvent, in the synthesis of other organic chemicals, and as an additive to automotive gasoline (forming a mixture known as a gasohol). Ethanol is also the intoxicating ingredient of many alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, and distilled spirits. In short it has multiple usage and is really one of the best substitute of petrol .
Farmers produce Ethanol from biomass most of the fuel ethanol produced around the world is made by fermenting the sugar in the starches of grains such as corn, sorghum, and barley, and the sugar in sugar cane and sugar beets. Denatured are added to ethanol to make fuel ethanol undrinkable.
Some of the top Indian companies which produces Ethanol is :- Bajaj Hindusthan Limited, Balrampur Chini Mills Limited, Dalmia Bharat Sugar and Industries Limited, Shree Renuka Sugars Limited, Triveni Group .
Toyota is quite clearly behind ethanol-fuelled vehicles and has brought to India a flex-fuel Corolla hybrid to serve as apilot project – to showcase the technology and create awareness about ethanol. While India will target a 20 percent ethanol blend, the Corolla is a flex-fuel vehicle meaning that it can run any blend percent, even pure ethanol only. This is what Toyota also wants to highlight; even beyond E20, the industry can go to full flex-fuel vehicles.
On flex fuel, Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari is also optimistic. Speaking at the unveiling of the flex-fuel Corolla, he said, “With flex engines running only on ethanol, we will only need 4,000 crore litres” – production of which, most say, India can potentially achieve in this decade .
By all these , one thing is clear that the farmers of India will get benefitted as the Ethanol is produced by biomass and mainly through agricultural process .
#WATCH | Pratapgarh, Rajasthan | Union Minister Nitin Gadkari says, "Our government is of the mindset that the farmers become not only 'annadata' but also 'urjadata'…All the vehicles will now run on ethanol produced by farmers. If an average of 60% ethanol and 40% electricity… pic.twitter.com/RGBP7do5Ka
— ANI (@ANI) July 5, 2023
Mr. Gadkari also emphasized that the government’s vision is to transform the farmers to “ANNADATA” and “URJADATA” which means a kind of Demigod who provides food and energy.
Our transport minister of roadways and highways , also made a mark by saying the import cost of petrol will be transferred to the Indian farmers which amounts to ₹16 lakh Crore .
The conclusion is that the ideology of our minister is really above the roof and is out of the box and as he is believed to be one of the most promising leader our country has ever witnessed, people of India is really aiming for the shot Mr. Gadkari took for replacing petrol to Ethanol and Electricity .